Austin Radio Control Association Code of Common Sense
(Please read the following text and
click on the link below to proceed)
ALL PILOTS (GUEST OR MEMBER) ARE EXPECTED TO COMPLY WITH THE FOLLOWING RULES WHILE PERFORMING ANY FLIGHT OPERATIONS AT THE AUSTIN RADIO CONTROL ASSOCIATION (ARCA) FLYING FACILITY.
- FLYING RADIO CONTROLLED AIRCRAFT OF ANY TYPE, AND SIZE, INVOLVES A CERTAIN AMOUNT OF RISK. ANY PILOT, (GUEST OR MEMBER) AGREES TO ASSUME THIS RISK WHEN ON ARCA PROPERTY.
- All ARCA members MUST carry a current membership badge anytime they are on ARCA property, and at ALL TIMES. The badge can be displayed on clothing or carried on their person.
- An Austin Radio Control Association (ARCA) Club Officer has the right to restrict or remove participants or spectators from Lester Field that do not follow the listed rules or otherwise use Lester Field in a dangerous or prohibited manner.
- All CURRENT ARCA members are responsible for overseeing safe flight operations and should caution pilots not operating aircraft in accordance with the ARCA Field Rules and Code of Common Sense.
- All CURRENT ARCA members are responsible for the conduct of spectators and should ensure that they are aware of restricted areas.
- All pilots (guest or member) MUST familiarize themselves with the AMA National Model Aircraft Safety Code and ARCA Field Rules and Code of Common Sense before flying at the ARCA facility and are subject to these rules while flying, or on ARCA property.
- All pilots (guest or member) MUST familiarize themselves with the ARCA Field Rules Sign at the entrance to the clubhouse grounds and are subject to these rules at all times.
- All non-member pilots (guest) MUST be current members of the AMA and provide proof of membership to any current ARCA club member in good standing BEFORE flying.
- All non-member pilots (guest) are expected to pay a fee of $3.00 per visit, with a maximum of six (6) visits per year. This fee can be given to any ARCA club member who should take responsibility to deposit it in the safe inside the club house.
- To maintain insurance compliancy, “buddy boxing” should only be performed by ARCA designated Instructor Pilots, (IP) who’s names are on file with the AMA as Instructor Pilots. ARCA Instructor Pilots are designated by the Executive Committee.
- ARCA operates under the applicable guidelines of the Austin Parks and Recreation Department. ARCA members, family members, and guest pilots are subject to these guidelines at all times.
RENEWAL/JOIN STEP #2
DO NOT LOGIN YET!!
CLICK THE LINK BELOW!!!!!!!
Click HERE to accept the "Code of Common Sense" terms and proceed
Click here for a PDF version of the Code of Common Sense and Field Rules with diagrams